**Average savings based on 18,113 actual customers who refinanced their federal and private student loans through our Education Refinance Loan between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. The calculation is derived by averaging the monthly savings of Education Refinance Loan customers whose payments decreased after refinancing, which is calculated by taking the monthly student loan payments prior to refinancing minus the monthly student loan payments after refinancing. The borrower’s savings might vary based on the interest rates, balances and remaining repayment term of the loans they are seeking to refinance. The borrower’s overall repayment amount may be higher than the loans they are refinancing even if their monthly payments are lower.
** Compare the benefits and repayment options available on your federal student loans to the benefits of the new loan. Federal student loans offer certain benefits that private student loans may not. When you refinance, you waive any current and potential future benefits of your Federal loans and replace those with the benefits of the Education Refinance Loan.
1. Education Refinance Loan Rate Disclosure: Variable rate, based on the one-month London Interbank Offered Rate ("LIBOR") published in The Wall Street Journal on the twenty-fifth day, or the next business day, of the preceding calendar month. As of August 1, 2018, the one-month LIBOR rate is 2.07%. Variable interest rates range from 2.72% - 8.17% (2.72% - 8.17% APR) and will fluctuate over the term of the borrower’s loan with changes in the LIBOR rate, and will vary based on applicable terms, level of degree earned and presence of a co-signer. Fixed interest rates range from 3.50% - 8.69% (3.50% - 8.69% APR) based on applicable terms, level of degree earned and presence of a co-signer. Lowest rates shown require application with cosigner, are for an eligible, creditworthy applicants with a gradate level degree, require a 5-year repayment term and includes our Loyalty and Automatic Payment discounts of 0.25 percentage points each, as outlined in the Loyalty and Automatic Payment Discount disclosures. The maximum variable rate on the Education Refinance Loan is the greater of 21.00% or Prime Rate plus 9.00%. Subject to additional terms and conditions, and rates are subject to change at any time without notice. Such changes will only apply to applications taken after the effective date of change. Please note: Due to federal regulations, Citizens One is required to provide every potential borrower with disclosure information before they apply for a private student loan. The borrower will be presented with an Application Disclosure and an Approval Disclosure within the application process before they accept the terms and conditions of their loan.
2. Loyalty Discount Disclosure: The borrower will be eligible for a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on their loan if the borrower or their co-signer (if applicable) has a qualifying account in existence with us at the time the borrower and their co-signer (if applicable) have submitted a completed application authorizing us to review their credit request for the loan. The following are qualifying accounts: any checking account, savings account, money market account, certificate of deposit, automobile loan, home equity loan, home equity line of credit, mortgage, credit card account, or other student loans owned by Citizens Bank, N.A. Please note, our checking and savings account options are only available in the following states: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, and VT and some products may have an associated cost. This discount will be reflected in the interest rate disclosed in the Loan Approval Disclosure that will be provided to the borrower once the loan is approved. Limit of one Loyalty Discount per loan and discount will not be applied to prior loans. The Loyalty Discount will remain in effect for the life of the loan.
3. Automatic Payment Disclosure: Borrowers will be eligible to receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on their student loans owned by Citizens Bank, N.A. during such time as payments are required to be made and our loan servicer is authorized to automatically deduct payments each month from any bank account the borrower designates. Discount is not available when payments are not due, such as during forbearance. If our loan servicer is unable to successfully withdraw the automatic deductions from the designated account three or more times within any 12-month period, the borrower will no longer be eligible for this discount.
4) Co-signer Release: Borrowers may apply for co-signer release after making 36 consecutive on-time payments of principal and interest. For the purpose of the application for co-signer release, on-time payments are defined as payments received within 15 days of the due date. Interest only payments do not qualify. The borrower must meet certain credit and eligibility guidelines when applying for the co-signer release. Borrowers must complete an application for release and provide income verification documents as part of the review. Borrowers who use deferment or forbearance will need to make 36 consecutive on-time payments after reentering repayment to qualify for release. The borrower applying for co-signer release must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. If an application for co-signer release is denied, the borrower may not reapply for co-signer release until at least one year from the date the application for co-signer release was received. Terms and conditions apply.
5) Citizens One Education Refinance Loan Eligibility: Eligible applicants may not be currently enrolled, must be in repayment of their existing student loan(s) and must make the minimum number of payments after leaving school. Primary borrowers must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or resident alien with a valid U.S. Social Security Number residing in the United States. Resident aliens must apply with a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The co-signer (if applicable) must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid U.S. Social Security Number residing in the United States. For applicants who have not attained the age of majority in their state of residence, a co-signer will be required. Citizens One reserves the right to modify eligibility criteria at anytime. Interest rate ranges subject to change. Education Refinance Loans are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application/consumer credit agreement, verification of application information, certification of borrower’s student loan amount(s) and highest degree earned.
Rates and offers subject to change. All loans and services subject to individual approval. Citizens One and Citizens One Student Loans are brand names of Citizens Bank, N.A.
College Ave Student Loans products are made available through either Firstrust Bank, member FDIC, or Nationwide Bank, member FDIC. All loans are subject to individual approval and adherence to underwriting guidelines. Program restrictions, other terms, and conditions apply.
(1) he 0.25% auto-pay interest rate reduction applies as long as the borrower or cosigner, if applicable, enrolls in auto-pay and authorizes our loan servicer to automatically deduct your monthly payments from a valid bank account via Automated Clearing House (“ACH”). The rate reduction applies for as long as the monthly payment amount is successfully deducted from the designated bank account and is suspended during periods of forbearance and certain deferments. Rates are valid as of 7/13/2018. Variable rates may increase after consummation.
(2) This informational repayment example uses typical loan terms for a refi borrower who selects the Full Principal & Interest Repayment Option with a 10-year repayment term, has a $40,000 loan and a 5.5% Annual Percentage Rate (“APR”): 120 monthly payments of $434.11 while in the repayment period, for a total amount of payments of $52,092.61. Loans will never have a full principal and interest monthly payment of less than $50. Your actual rates and repayment terms may vary.
(3) $5,000 is the minimum requirement to refinance. The maximum loan amount is $250,000 for those with medical, dental, pharmacy or veterinary doctorate degrees, and $150,000 for all other undergraduate or graduate degrees.
Nationwide, The Nationwide N and Eagle, Nationwide is on your side and Nationwide Bank are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. ©2018 Nationwide
Attractive Bonus and Referral Programs:
** Limit one $400 cash bonus per referral. Offer available to anyone who refers new customers who refinance their education loans with Education Loan Finance. The new customer will be mailed a $100 cash bonus via check and the referring party will be mailed a $400 cash bonus via check within 6-8 weeks of loan disbursement. A new customer is defined as an individual without an existing Education Loan Finance loan account and who has not held an Education Loan Finance loan account within the past 24 months. The new customer is required to register online at www.elfi.com and refinance a student loan with Education Loan Finance within 90 days of registration. The minimum refinance balance required to refinance with Education Loan Finance and obtain the bonus is $15,000. Offer is subject to change without notice. Employees of SouthEast Bank and its affiliates are not eligible.
Refinancing via LendKey.com is only available for applicants with qualified private education loans from an eligible institution. Loans that were used for exam preparation classes, including, but not limited to, loans for LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, and GRE preparation, are not eligible for refinancing with a lender via LendKey.com. If you currently have any of these exam preparation loans, you should not include them in an application to refinance your student loans on this website. Applicants must be either U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents in an eligible state to qualify for a loan. Certain membership requirements (including the opening of a share account and any applicable association fees in connection with membership) may apply in the event that an applicant wishes to accept a loan offer from a credit union lender. Lenders participating on LendKey.com reserve the right to modify or discontinue the products, terms, and benefits offered on this website at any time without notice. LendKey Technologies, Inc. is not affiliated with, nor does it endorse, any educational institution.
In the event that you would like to move forward with any of the conditional offers, you will be required to complete an application with the lender on this website, at which point a hard credit inquiry will be conducted (which may affect your credit score).
Total Savings Option
The average total savings was calculated by subtracting the estimated lifetime cost of the borrowers’ student loans refinanced with a lender via LendKey’s platform between 1/1/16 and 9/30/2016 from the estimated lifetime cost of the borrowers’ existing student loans they had prior to refinancing. The following assumptions were used in the calculation: (1) the borrowers make on-time payments of all amounts that are due; (2) the interest rate remains static (Note: variable interest rates may move lower or higher throughout the loan term); and (3) the loans are not prepaid. The calculation excludes: (1) loans in which the loan term selected for the refinancing is longer than the term of the prior loan term; and (2) loans where the information we have is incomplete or inaccurate, including loans where the indicated monthly payment would not pay off the loan balance by the end of the loan term.
The average monthly savings was calculated by subtracting the estimated monthly payment of the borrowers’ student loans refinanced with a lender via LendKey’s platform between 1/1/16 and 9/30/2016 from the sum of monthly payments of the borrower’s existing student loans they had prior to refinancing. The following assumptions were used in the calculation: (1) the borrowers make on-time payments of all amounts that are due; (2) the interest rate remains static (Note: variable interest rates may move lower or higher throughout the loan term); and (3) the loans are not prepaid. The calculation excludes: (1) loans in which the loan term selected for the refinancing is the same or shorter than the term of the prior loan; and (2) loans where the information we have is incomplete or inaccurate, including loans where the indicated monthly payment would not pay off the loan balance by the end of the loan term.
Subject to floor rate and may require the automatic payments be made from a checking or savings account with the lender. The rate reduction will be removed and the rate will be increased by 0.25% upon any cancellation or failed collection attempt of the automatic payment and will be suspended during any period of deferment or forbearance. As a result, during the forbearance or suspension period, and/or if the automatic payment is canceled, any increase will take the form of higher payments.
Please be aware that you may potentially lose certain benefits associated with your federal student loans by refinancing such federal loans with a private student loan consolidation. These benefits may include favorable repayment options, loan and fixed interest rates, extended loan terms, and loan forgiveness. We strongly advise that you seek professional advice and examine our benefits and options before refinancing your federal loans. It is important to us that you are comfortable with potentially forfeiting benefits that may not be offered through our consolidation loan.
If you were offered a bonus in connection with a promotional offer, your application must be initiated through this page immediately following the email, direct mail or banner advertisement in which the offer was presented. The offered promotional bonus will be provided within six weeks of loan disbursement. You must have a PayPal account in order to receive the bonus. The bonus is non-transferable and no other reward will be substituted.
* Acorns® Member Bonus: $100 deposited into new borrower’s Acorns account within 8 weeks of loan funding. Not redeemable for cash and non-transferable.
Some lenders participating on LendKey.com may offer the benefit of cosigner release. Cosigner release is subject to lender approval. In order to qualify, the borrower, alone, must meet the following requirements: (1) Make the required number of consecutive, on-time full principal and interest payments as indicated in the borrower’s credit agreement during the repayment period (excluding interest-only payments) immediately prior to the request. Any period of forbearance will reset the repayment clock; (2) The account cannot be in delinquent status; (3) The borrower must provide proof of income indicating that he/she meets the income requirements and pass a credit review demonstrating that he/she has a satisfactory credit history and the ability to assume full responsibility of loan repayment; (4) No bankruptcies or foreclosures in the last sixty months; and (5) No loan defaults.
The calculator above provides estimates based on the information provided and is for illustrative purposes only. Actual estimated payments can only be determined after you apply and provide all necessary documentation for review. We cannot and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regard to your individual circumstances. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding your specific financial situation.
Comet is a free website designed to help those with student loan debt evaluate all the available options to help reduce that financial responsibility. The Comet team works hard to display products and services that we believe are only of the highest quality and will make a positive impact on your life. We sometimes earn a sales commission or advertising fee from our partner relationships when suggesting these various products and services to you. Comet is not a lender and is not involved in the refinance approval process, nor do we make credit related decisions. Those profiled on our site are the ones who will refinance your student debt. We strive to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information, but recommend you always check rates and terms with the individual financial institution before making any decision.